Mobile, Retail and Technology Experts
StepsAway is the only in-mall Wi-Fi-powered mobile retail solution giving shoppers smartphone access to hyperlocal in-store offers—driving more brick-and-mortar transactions. StepsAway empowers mall owners to increase sales per square foot and gives retailers the ability to acquire new customers and to influence on-property consumer purchase decisions.
- Allan HaimsCEOAllan is the founder and has led StepsAway’s growth and success for retailers, mall developers and consumers. Allan has more than 25 years of executive and start-up experience in the retail and technology industry. He has been responsible for developing the strategic plans for leading companies as President of Wet Seal; Senior Vice President of Disney Stores, Worldwide; V.P. of Merchandising at Victoria's Secret and V.P. of E-Commerce at Interactive Video Technologies.
- Connor McEnteeDirector of EngineeringConnor leads both architecture development and application implementation for StepsAway. He is primarily responsible for overseeing the development of both SAConnect™ and SAMobile™ as well as SA’s real time data analytics framework. Connor has years of experience developing software and analyzing big data for companies and research labs such as Abbott Laboratories and Monsanto. He earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Physics and Mathematics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- JD TroutDirector of TechnologyJD leads infrastructure development, quality assurance and developer operations for StepsAway. JD has over 15 years of experience in building and managing systems and software in the fields of information, media and biological technology. Some of his previous roles include Systems Architect at Integrated Media Technologies (IMT), manager of IT operations at the Laboratory of Neuro Imaging (LONI), and IT infrastructure consultant for the Salk Research Institute in La Jolla, CA.
- Diana RestrepoDirector of Operations and Client ServicesDiana Restrepo leads StepsAway’s operations and client services activities, providing high-level client service to each retailer and mall organization with a focus on engagement and outcomes. Diana has over 25 years of retail experience including both field and corporate positions at Victoria's Secret, Old Navy, Wet Seal, Claire's and others. She has held positions in operations, marketing, and visual merchandising, as well as field management.
- Laura BojanowskiDirector of MarketingLaura Bojanowski handles StepsAway’s marketing initiatives, including partnering with corporate landlord and on-property marketing teams to develop programs that engage shoppers with StepsAway. Laura’s retailer outreach at the local level also supports elevated market awareness and expansion of the StepsAway brand. Laura has over 15 years of omnichannel retail experience, with prior roles in strategy, finance, business development and marketing for companies such as The Walt Disney Company and Metropark.
- Christine OuzounianAccount ExecutiveChristine leads our sales efforts with nationally-based specialty store retail chains across the U.S. to drive market growth. Christine engages with big box retailers looking to improve and modernize the customer experience for their brick-and-mortar locations through hyper-local marketing efforts. She has 10 years of experience building and maintaining relationships with executives and high-profile clientele around the world in fast-paced and competitive industries.
- Jessica GarvinClient Services Support ManagerLeading client support at StepsAway, Jessica manages the company’s quality assurance (QA) team and ensures that all retailer offers adhere to quality standards and best practice criteria. This includes overseeing quality testing for mall and retailer clients utilizing SAConnect™.